Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Off Day

I've been off from work today. That's why this post has the title Off Day.
Have you ever had an off day?
I don't mean from work; but, a day that seemed a little off. I have those ever so often, too, and I don't think there's anything we can do about them. I think I have those kinds of days ever once in a while so that I can remember that it's not all about me, that I'm not in control or in charge. I'm not the boss or the organizer or the controller of my life.
And I'm glad I'm not.
It's a whole lot less stressful to know that Someone else is in control and that I'm accountable to him.
In reality, I'm a shy, contemplative person who can't do anything about the government, the economy, the environment, or the people that I come in contact with everyday or occasionally.
There is one thing that I do have control over, though.
It's my happiness. My circumstances cannot dictate whether or not I'm happy. Only I can do that. That's why for the most part, I am an easy going, humorous person.
I like to laugh and have fun and tell jokes.
I don't know about you, but I realize that only I can decide whether I will be happy or not. Only I can decide whether I can be gotten along with or be a grouch, spewing negativity by voice or action.
Now, don't get me wrong, lots of things upset me: the government, traffic, prices of just about everything. But I'm happy and upset simultaneously.
How can that be? I'll tell you.
My personal belief in God and in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior. God is in control of everything and history is being played out and its outcome will be just as he intended it to be when he created the world.
Being a Christian is not easy and I have my struggles just like everyone else; but knowing that God is in control (even when it doesn't seem like he is) makes everyday a day of anticipation and fun. I'm not perfect, don't claim to be. I fail and sin and sometimes enjoy it. But I know that Jesus and his Father, my God, loves me inspite of all my failures.
I don't know any other way to say it but that knowing God is in charge makes even those off days have a hope and a promise of a better tomorrow. I am reminded of the saying "This too shall pass." And so I am able to go on with the circumstances in which I find myself knowing that they haven't slipped God's notice. He is cognizant of everything about me and I am assured that every good and every perfect gift comes down from above. And because he is aware of every sparrow that falls and provides for its needs, he will take care of me as well.
The question I have is: Do you have this kind of assurance? Do you know God as your Heavenly Father and Jesus as your Savior? I hope you do. Life is not near as difficult as it would be without them on our side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home