Wednesday, October 25, 2006

AGING SUCKS

I wished that somewhere along my life that there had been someone who had said something about aging. Only as I age have I concluded that aging sucks. As a boy I wanted to be a teenager; as a teenager an adult. As I went along the adult road, I wished for retirement, but no longer.
I am apparently falling apart along with all my other acquaintances that are growing older. And it hurts. The hair falls out and ends up growing in my nose or on my ears. I have to get up early just to be able to function when its time to function. Now I have checkups with the physician twice a year instead of once a year. Sometimes I ache in places I didn’t even know I had.
Watching loved ones fall apart is not fun either. They hurt, go to the hospital, and I hurt when they do.
Do you think it is because no adult in my growing up years ever told me that aging sucked? Well, I’m going on record to inform you that AGING SUCKS. Everyone I know is changing and not for the better every time.
I do I have one consolation though. The One in whom I have put my trust, Jesus Christ, never changes. He is “the same yesterday, today, and forever.” I can always depend on him. He is the only constant in the universe. His love, mercy and peace are forever the same. Those attributes are always directed toward mankind. His character is such that he never changes. Even when we are unfaithful “he remains faithful.”
So as I age and my body changes as well as those of my family and friends, I know that Jesus knows what is best for all of us, old or young, physically fit or like me, falling apart. So I trust him. And you can, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home